Principal, Las Cruces Catholic School
Position open until May 4, 2018
Las Cruces Catholic School in Las Cruces, NM is seeking a qualified candidate to serve as Principal for the 2018-2019 school year. The Principal will be responsible for the day-to-day operations and management of the school.
The candidate for this position must have a passion for Catholic education and be able to create an environment that promotes Catholic identity, faith and moral development of the school community. This candidate must be a practicing and active Roman Catholic or an Eastern Rite Catholic in communion with the Roman Catholic Church.
Primary Job Functions:
- Provide spiritual leadership to the faculty, staff, students and families
- Provide leadership in curriculum development, implementation and evaluation
- Plan for the financial well-being of the school
- Organize and conduct professional development programs
- Evaluate and supervise faculty and staff
- Work in collaboration with the Diocese of Las Cruces Office of Catholic Schools, surrounding parishes, school board and parent teacher council.
- Master’s degree, or its equivalent, in Education Administration or in Business and/or Theology preferred.
- Candidates with administrative experience preferred
- Candidates with Catholic school experience preferred
Las Cruces Catholic School:
Holy Cross Catholic School & St. Mary’s High School
Rooted in Roman Catholic Tradition, Las Cruces Catholic School promotes excellence in education, and fosters Christian spiritual, intellectual and moral virtues in our students.
Las Cruces Catholic School (Holy Cross and St. Mary’s HS) serve students from preschool to the 12th grade. Although we are a Catholic institution, we accept students from all other religions as well as those who are non-religious.
LCCS is accredited by Western Catholic Education Association and the Public Education Department of New Mexico. The school offers a curriculum which is a blend of core studies and innovative programs that encourage creativity in, and dedication to, learning. Enrichment classes in music, art, physical education, home economics, Spanish language and culture, computer technology, and journalism are offered.
We also offer advanced classwork and small class sizes. Furthermore we work as a community of parents, teachers, and students, to maintain a safe learning environment for students of every age, race, religion, economic status and gender
It is envisioned by Las Cruces Catholic School (LCCS) that the truly ideal educational mission, philosophy, setting, processes, and stakeholders of a Catholic school are those that will enable and require the school to:
- promote and achieve the highest possible levels of academic excellence for all its students, as determined by widely accepted national and international standards of educational quality;
- provide all its students the strong foundation of values and virtues–rooted in the Catholic faith–that are essential for their ongoing formation both as life-long leaders of the Catholic Church and their communities, and as truly responsible citizens;
- support and augment the parents’ role as “first teachers and mentors” of their children.
Las Cruces Catholic School and the Diocese of Las Cruces are Equal Opportunity Employers.